play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Music 24/7 - Feel the vibe
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Talk Shows - Stay Updated
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Pillars and Plants - Gospel
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Audio Stories - A new movie experience
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Welcome to the Leading Lifestyle Internet Radio
    Online Radio

  • Home
  • keyboard_arrow_right Sports
  • keyboard_arrow_right Osaka Withdraws From Indian Wells

Sports

Osaka Withdraws From Indian Wells

Online Radio September 23, 2021 20


Background
share close

Organisers of next month’s rescheduled ATP/WTA Indian Wells tournament in California confirmed on Wednesday that four-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka has withdrawn from the tournament.

The 23-year-old Japanese star had won the title in 2018 defeating Daria Kasatkina.

Earlier this month, Osaka said she planned to take an indefinite break from tennis after an upset early exit from the US Open.

“I honestly don’t know when I’m going to play my next tennis match,” Osaka said following her third round defeat to Canadian teen Leylah Fernandez.

“I think I’m going to take a break from playing for a while.”

Osaka, who dropped out of the top five in the latest world rankings, has been in the the news this year following her withdrawal from the French Open and skipping Wimbledon over mental health issues.

She said her problems were exacerbated by speaking to the media after matches.

The Japanese had also made an early exit from Cincinnati last month, and had bowed out of the Tokyo Olympics in the early rounds in July.

Tagged as: , .

Rate it
Previous post
Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *