play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    Music 24/7 - Feel the vibe
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Talk Shows - Stay Updated
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Pillars and Plants - Gospel
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Audio Stories - A new movie experience
    Online Radio

  • cover play_arrow

    Welcome to the Leading Lifestyle Internet Radio
    Online Radio

  • Home
  • keyboard_arrow_right News
  • keyboard_arrow_right Abductors Of Students Have Contacted Us, Masari Tells Buhari

News

Abductors Of Students Have Contacted Us, Masari Tells Buhari

Oluwaseye Ogunsanya December 14, 2020 23


Background
share close

Katsina State Governor, Bello Masari on Monday told President Muhammadu Buhari that the abductors of students in Kankara Local Government Area of the state have contacted them.

“The Governor, who was accompanied by the Deputy Governor of the state, Manir Yakubu, said the kidnappers had made contact and discussions were already on pertaining to safety and return to their homes,” the Senior Special Assistant to the President, Garba Shehu said in a statement after Masari’s visit to Buhari in Daura.

He expressed optimism that based on efforts made so far, “the outlook is positive.” explaining that security agencies had located the position of the children.

Governor Masari, accompanied to the visit by his deputy, Manir Yakubu, noted that President Buhari was committed to the rescue of the schoolchildren.

The 70-year-old former Speaker of the House of Representatives stated that it was only appropriate to visit the president and give him more details of rescue efforts.

Recall that gunmen, on Friday evening attacked Government Science Secondary School in the Kankara council area of the north-west state, kidnapping scores of students.

Police authorities said they were told that the bandits were armed with AK-47 rifles and they received a report of the attack around 11:30 pm.

Initially, there were conflicting figures as to the number of students abducted during the attack but on Sunday, Governor Masari confirmed that three hundred and three schoolchildren were missing from the school.

“We are still counting because more are coming out from the forest and we are calling through the numbers those parents that have phone numbers to find out whether or not their children have gone back home,” he said when he received a federal government delegation led by the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno.

The attack prompted the Katsina State Government to order the closure of all boarding schools in the state, a move aimed at forestalling similar occurrence.

Tagged as: , , , .

Rate it
Previous post
Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *